This post may contain affiliate links. These links provide a means for me to earn income, at no cost to yourself. Read the full disclosure here
Peanut Sauce Seitan Recipe
Today’s seitanic creation – Peanut sauce seitan over steamed vegetables!
For this recipe, we’re gonna take some seitan we made up last week and cook it over garlic and ginger. Then we’re gonna mix up some peanut sauce with a bit of spice. Finally, we’re gonna bathe the seitan in the peanut sauce for a few more minutes, then served over steamed vegetables or rice.
Peanut Sauce Seitan
- 1 Lb Black Pepper Seitan Torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Piece Ginger About as big as your thumb from the last joint to the tip
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter Just peanuts and salt, no fillers
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Liquid Aminos
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2-3 Tbsp Lime Juice Or: Juice of 1 large lime
- ½ Tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 Bags Steamed Microwaveable Vegetables
- Take the 1 lb Black Pepper Seitan, slice it about 1-2 cm thin, and then shred it with a couple of forks. The idea here is to make bite size pieces to soak up the peanut sauce.
- Take the garlic and ginger and mince well, then add to skillet. Set a timer for 3-4 minutes, but use your nose first and foremost. Once the ginger and garlic are giving off a real nice aroma, we move on to the next step.
- Put the seitan into the skillet, and set a timer for 15 minutes. Stir intermittently, every 3-4 minutes.
- While the seitan is cooking, start your microwaveable steamed vegetables.
- Blend together the peanut butter, liquid aminos, maple syrup, lime juice, and water to make your peanut sauce.
- Once your timer goes off, the seitan should be nice and cooked throughout. Dump in your blended peanut sauce and stir well. Leave it to cook for another 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and serve hot over vegetables.